A Little French Adventure…

…or rather a BIG French adventure!

Incase you hadn’t guessed, my name is Emily, I am a student of Charles Sturt University and about to enter my third and final year of a Business Management Degree. I’m also four sleeps away from spending 6 months in a foreign country where I barely speak the language and the only people I know, I know through facebook…. ‘holy crap’ is my general reaction.

Living in a foreign country has always been something I’ve talked about doing- I think everyone does- but when I was given the opportunity to do it while studying, I jumped at the chance and put an application in, thinking not much of it. I chose Paris because i figured if i were going to live overseas I may as well throw in the added challenge of having to learn another language out of necessity, the central location to the rest of Europe and not to mention the mental image of drinking champagne under the Eiffel Tower.

So I’ve spent the last few months preparing for student exchange, going through the, at times tedious and frustrating formalities of Visa’s, booking flights and organising accommodation, but the reality of what I am doing is only rearing its head now- mixed feelings of being so excited I might explode, as well as nervous and a little scared..

I was asked to keep a blog of my experiences while I was away, and thought it would be a great way to keep family and friends up to date with what I am doing, while also acting as my own kind of diary.

I’ll be trying to update it as much as I can with photo’s, videos and posts about what I get up to while I am on this big adventure… some of which may be quite silly

In the mean time, I’m taking in as much sunshine and general Aussie-ness as I can before heading into a Parisian winter…

See you on the other side!

Excited to Finally get my French Visa!!!

Excited to finally get my French Visa!!!

One Response to A Little French Adventure…

1. CSU Global says:

Welcome to the blog Emily. We hope you have a great time while you’re away! Looking forward to your posts.