Ice Hockey!! :D

G’day

During my time in Canada I went to a few ice hockey games. Many of the games were Heat games which is the team of the town I am studying in (Abbotsford Heat). These games were really good because we were able to sit right near the action 😀 However, the best ice hockey game I went to was in Vancouver. It was the Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks. The teams are apart of the National Hockey League (NHL)!! The game was a lot of fun and the stadium was alive with lights and noise!

Vancouver vs Chicago

DSC01842 DSC01853 DSC01854 DSC01862

DSC01905DSC01879DSC01873DSC01900

Another game I went to was the Teddy Bear Toss. This game was played by Abbotsford Heat. This particular match is given the name Teddy Bear Toss because as soon as the Heat score, everyone throws a teddy bear onto the ice. The teddy bears are then collected and given to children who are in hospital. For this game, we were lucky to be right near the action, as well as having a teddy bear to help support children in hospital.

DSC02064 DSC02066 DSC02071DSC02094 DSC02101 DSC02134

Having a blast!

Joe 😀

About An Aussie Abroad
Hi everyone, my name is Joe and I study a bachelor of Social Science (Criminal Justice) at Charles Sturt University in Bathurst. I am currently in my Third and final year. I come from the town of Orange, which is located about an hour from Bathurst. I am currently studying on exchange in Canada at the University of the Frazer Valley in Canada. The University is located in Abbotsford, which is about a 40 minute drive from Vancouver.