Niagara Falls and Darien Lake Amusement Park!

pretty      darien-lake

Monday September 15th

On Saturday September 13th, I went to Niagara Falls and Darien Lake Amusement park with Ashlee and a few other friends. I have been to Niagara Falls before back in April when it was absolutely bloody freezing! However on the Saturday just gone it was cold but not as cold as back then. Niagara Falls is a  really beautiful place. Its the name for three waterfalls that straddle the international border between Canada and the USA.  The American falls are located in New York where we visited on Saturday.  We got on the bus at 6:30 am to drive to Niagara Falls it was about a three hour bus trip. The other two falls are called the Horseshoe and the Bridal veil falls. Sadly we didn’t get to go to the Canadian side as we ran out of time! I enjoyed having the opportunity to go back to the beautiful Niagara Falls however the weather wasn’t the best as it was raining but I still managed to get some good pictures.

niagara-falls  niagara

A few facts about Niagara Falls

– The combined falls form the highest flow rate of any waterfall in the world

– The horseshoe fall drops about 188 feet

– the total height of the fall is 167 feet

-The oldest and best known tourist attraction at the falls is the Maid of the Mist boat cruise

Although I have now been to Niagara falls twice I will have to go back again so I can go on the boat cruise! If you ever go to the USA you should go and visit the falls as they are really beautiful!

smileeeee  niagara1

After Niagara Falls we went to Darien Lake Amusement park which is located in New York between Buffalo and Rochester. It was opened in 1981 and use to be apart of Six Flags until 2007. We got to Darien Lake around 3 pm and of course I headed straight for the rollercoasters first! The rollercoasters at Darien Lake are not as good as the ones in Jackson New Jersey but they were still pretty fun.  Darien Lake has about 6 thrill rollercoasters in which I went on 5 of them. The Ride of Steel is probably the theme parks best ride and the fastest. I even went on a drop ride called Blast Off which wasn’t that bad but I would much rather go on a rollercoaster than be dropped from a bloody high height! We stayed at Darien Lake until about 9 pm and it was a two hour trip back to Mansfield. It was an extremely tiring day but was well worth it. It was also good to get out of Mansfield for the day and do something different 🙂

darien-lakeeee   darien-lakeee1

About sammbamm7
Hiii I'm Sam :) University student at CSU currently on exchange at Mansfield University in Pennsylvania for a semester! Am Australian & British. Grew up in Australia, England, California and in Singapore. I love love travelling. Hope you enjoy my blog and my adventures in the USA :)