Grateful for Mrs G

I know I haven’t written for a while, I have definitely been slack, but the reason I am writing now is because of self doubt. In everything I do, I find myself doubting my abilities. It’s such a negative aspect on my life, one that’s really starting to bring me down, one that I no longer want.

This week for prac I’m teaching 3 double period lessons, the weekend was spent typing and planning these lessons, tonight I get feedback and all of a sudden the anxiety and self-doubt kicks in. And I think to myself, “Am I even a decent teacher?” Little things that should be blatantly obvious slide by. I don’t know if its lack of experience or the pressure I put on myself to do well that’s making me feel this way. I guess I have to give myself a bit of a break, it’s only my second primary school prac and I can’t know everything (although at times I believe I do).

Anyway, over the dramatics and back to my amazing time in Canada! Since my birthday I have been so super busy! It really is a busy life right now haha

Due to some circumstances, I have a new prac school and I’m now with grade 2/3s! This classroom is absolutely wonderful and I am so grateful for Mrs G taking me on and allowing me into her classroom. I have only taught 2 lessons but they are going well (maybe from all the feedback I get??). My associate teacher is amazing, she’s really wonderful and her teaching skills are second nature, I can’t wait to be able to do this!

As I said above, I have been so busy and assignments have really started to begin, although I don’t think it’s been all that bad. Sure we have assignments to do but I was expecting it to be so much more than what it is/has been. I’m still enjoying the uni here! It’s seriously so amazing! Some unfortunate news though, CSU Ontario will no longer be offering students education courses on campus, meaning this year is the last for Canada’s campus. It’s really sad to see and hear and the first thing I think of is “what about the lecturers” they’re so amazing at what they do, it’s disappointing that they will no longer be offering their expertise to aspiring teachers. Maybe they should come to Albury and continue spreading their greatness haha So all in all, I’m the last Australian CSU student to come over and study at the Canada campus, it’s sad but at the same time such a privilege.

What else has been happening?? OH, I HAD MY FIRST EVER THANKSGIVING WEEKEND! It was pretty amazing, although a little disappointing, because I had 2 assignments to complete, but other than that magical! My math lecturer invited all the Aussies to her house for a thanksgiving meal on Friday 10th, it was wonderful. Turkey, cranberries, vegetables and a wild berry pie! So divine! I was also lucky enough to spend thanksgiving on the Sunday with Lisa and her wonderful family. I also tried pumpkin pie for the first time, it has a funny texture but you can’t really taste the pumpkin, the spices take over!

Recently, we had dinner at our Prac Directors house and she made a beautiful dinner for us, my first ever chilli! It was delicious, tasted a lot like pasta sauce. We also…. CARVED JACKOLANTERNS!! You can’t celebrate Halloween without carving a pumpkin, gee it was so much fun. It was an interesting experience, one that I need to perfect!

I have also been to Toronto again, this time we tackled China town, Kensington market and the Royal Ontario Museum. Such a huge and wonderful museum, we were actually there for close to 5 hours! It’s so big! By the end of it we were kind of walking around aimlessly as my feet hurt and I was tired haha We desperately wanted to see wicked but the tickets were all sold out 😦 such a shame! Oh and I forgot to mention Sir Robert! The squirrel I got really really close to and fed, but not close enough that he could pounce and attack my face haha

Oh, also I cannot forget to mention the absolutely gorgeous picture perfect moments I get to see every day! Fall is beyond beautiful, the trees are such vibrant shades of red, orange, yellow, green and sometimes a deep purple. The view is absolutely breath-taking! I appreciate my time here more and more every time I walk out the door (I’m a poet and didn’t even know it 😉 haha) Although fall is beautiful, I am already freezing my butt off! OMG the “fall” here is technically winter back home and I can not deal! I seriously don’t think I’m going to make it through the winter! It’s so cold and I am constantly being reminded that it’s not, from the people around me, what they say and wear (t-shirt and jeans).

Anyway, that’s all I have to add! I promise to write more regularly and to not ever start again on a sad note. On the bright side the hug from Stace and me writing has brightened my night!

Sweet dreams!
Jess
xoxoxo

Fall in Burlington

Fall in Burlington

Fall 2

Fall in Toronto

Jackolanterns

Jackolanterns

Squirell feeding!

Squirrel feeding!

Missing these cuties!

Missing these cuties!

Thanksgiving dinner

About jessicagreene08
I'm a 3rd year student at CSU, currently studying a Bachelor of Education (Early childhood and Primary) and I absolutely love it! Follow my adventures as I exchange in Ontario, Canada for the next 6 months! 🍁