Its Been a While!

So i could make up a couple excuses why i haven’t blogged in over two months but im going to be completely honest, I’ve been having the time of my life and it got away from me. In the lead up to going on exchange i questioned it many times did i have enough money; will i miss my friends to much; will my 3 year old neice remember me when i get home and will the cool kids over here pick on me.

I can say that you will never have enough money to go on exchange, however much you take you will always wish you brought more. You will miss your friends but you will make a million new ones that you will wonder how a wine and cheese night was ever fun without them. Your 3 year old niece will remember you and might have learnt how to use skype and snap chat while your away. Lastly the cool kids will always pick on you but who cares.

So far i have seen Montreal which was like a bigger and cooler more hipster version of Newtown in sydney. The bars there are awesome and tequila shots are dirt cheap. The city is built around some amazing parks, one where i spent alot of time. There was a big group of people from all over the world who would play soccer everyday. I had no idea what anyone was saying to me but it didnt matter when we were playing.

So then it was on to Thunder Bay, where i have been studying for the last 5 weeks. It is amazing here because as soon as anyone finds out your Australian they are keen for a chat. However you have to get used to people just knowing you as “Aussie” or me and Calum just get called the Aussies.

I will post a more detailed version of my stay in Thunder Bay shortly!