2 weeks down, 1 to go.

“You CAN”T leave!” The most wonderful thing to hear while on placement. I have created some life long memories while in Canada, but by far the memories from placement are right near the top. Every single day I feel so blessed to wake up and teach these students and learn so much from my AT. It has been the best experience! With only 5 days to go I can feel my chest tightening and the resistance to leave. The least I can say is that the next 5 days are going to be magical. For the last week of placement I have managed to arrange for the Canadian students to pen pal with my Australian students from the June placement. I seriously cannot wait to see their faces when I tell them they have mail from Aus. It’s going to be amazing!

Since my last blog, not all that much has occurred. This weekend has been full of preparation and assignment writing, it’s Sunday afternoon and I haven’t left my apartment since Friday. That is a sad realization, 8 more days and I’m free as a bird. 9 more days and Nath will be in Canada, 15 days till our trip to Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec and lucky last, 25 days till Christmas!! Over and over again my life proves to me how blessed I am.

Everyday I reflect on how lucky I am to be here. I know you’ve all read it a trillion times before, but this time last year I was applying to come to Canada. It’s been a whirlwind year, I still recall conversations with people about wanting to come and knowing deep down that they didn’t believe I would go. Every day I cherish this experience. While being here, I feel I’ve really found myself. I’ve proved to myself that I can be independent and I don’t need to rely on other people to live my life the way I want to. I guess it’s a refreshing feeling to have. 

Anyway, short blog this week! I’m off to leave my apartment and walk along the lake!

Love and miss you all!
Miss Greene
xoxoxoxo
(p.s will never, ever, ever get sick of hearing this).

About jessicagreene08
I'm a 3rd year student at CSU, currently studying a Bachelor of Education (Early childhood and Primary) and I absolutely love it! Follow my adventures as I exchange in Ontario, Canada for the next 6 months! 🍁