I’m a Theta Phi Alpha kinda gal!

Hi everyone!

The sororoties and fraternities have been promoting themselves outside the Student Center

I haven’t posted for two weeks but so much has happened in that time. These last two weeks I decided to rush for sorority recruitment and it’s been wonderful!

For everyone in Australia who doesn’t know what a sorority is, it’s a sisterhood of girls who look after each other, are best friends and have some great times together.  They also do a lot of philanthropy activities.

So two weeks ago we had sign ups where you put your name forward to go through recruitment.  The first event was ‘Meet & Greet’ where you meet all the sororities (we have 4) for about 15 minutes each.

Then throughout the next two weeks we attended parties where we got to know everyone in the sororities and what they do.

Then on Thursday 15th we had ‘Pref Night’ which is when you get invivted by a sorority/sororities to join them that night in a ritual.

Me and my Pref Night invites

Me and my Pref Night invites

The next day is Bid Day (which was Friday).  On Bid Day you receive a bid/bids from sororities that want you and you have to choose which one to go with.  Then that night we have a big reveal and we meet our new sisters!  It was so exciting!  Bulk photos were taken and there was a lot of hugs involved! We had a great night together and I feel like I’ve really found wonderful friends already!

My pledge class of TPA!

My pledge class of TPA!