It Snowed…The End

Me in the snow between the Caf and my room, reppin my CSU dorm clothing from last year

This week has been very uneventful.  We haven’t even had classes due to the consistent snow and below freezing temperatures.  When it snows a lot classes are called off due to the dangerous conditions on the roads (a lot of students are commuters and as are the teachers of course).

When classes are cancelled just about everything else is not open.  Suddenly, the only cafeteria is open and the gym (for limited times).

We have spent the week catching up on work, watching people trying to dig their cars out of the carpark (pretty entertaining!), sleeping in, watching Netflix, having sleepovers and going to the gym (because it’s the only thing you can do!).

Sledding at the football fields.

Sledding at the football fields.

Yesterday Wise County was declared a state of emergency due to the snow.  It also rained yesterday which made the snow heavy and today it’s gone icy and more dangerous.  The roof of Walmart also caved in so it’s closed – you know it’s bad when 24/7 Walmart is closed!

We went sledding one night at 9pm (not our best idea) at the football fields.  For the video of my less-than-graceful sledding attempt see my instagram @larryharry16.

On Friday night we went to a friends for a sleepover off campus and got stuck there all Saturday! Finally at about 8pm we decided to walk back to campus in the snow and rain – there were a lot of slips and giggles as we fell through slow that was as high as my waist at some points! It was safer to walk than drive as cars drove past us going about 20km/hr and sliding all over the road.

Our walk home in the rain

Our walk home in the rain