Deep Fried Mars Bar

Hi guys,

Time for another update =D Look at the excitement!

So last week I had a week off from uni for a mid-session break. Kody and I took advantage of this time to see a bit more of Canada which took us to the next province (state) of Alberta. We stayed in Calgary, Banff and on top of Lake Louise for 1 night in one of the most amazing hotels I have ever experienced!

Banff is the go to tourist destination for explorers in Alberta. There are so many restaurants (good and bad) and heaps of little knick-knack shops for picking up cool stuff to take home. We bought a really cool terracotta pot with some Inuit art on it, that we are really happy with and some souvenirs for the family. Afterwards was Calgary which is a destination that I really recommend for anyone who is considering the west coast of Canada in future. We went to the Calgary Tower, a roughly 600 floor building that overlooks the entire city. There is a little electronic guide thing they give you which explains all the buildings you want (which is quite a lot) and there is some really interesting history that we got caught up in that happened in the area as well. That brings me to our visit to the Fort Calgary museum. Here we learnt heaps about the Mounted Police unit that was established in the area and a lot about what happened between the Colonists and First Nations people in Canada along with the extinction of the Buffalo from the area. We also visited a 4 story museum in the downtown area that had fantastic works in it. We were so tired after a trip through there both mentally and physically because we had no idea that it was so huge when we went in.

After almost a week in those great places we finished off with a night in the Fairmont Château on Lake Louise. We had great food, ice skated on the frozen lake and relaxed in a great room with a fantastic view (picture below).

As you can imagine I had a rough day on Monday going back to uni after such a great week off, but there were exams to focus on light at the end of the tunnel for the end of session! The focus now is on the group work projects that I have due soon which some of you may remember me stressing about in my early posts.. I am a little more relaxed about them now but its definitely under the pump time for me for the next 5 weeks =/

Anyway fun time now =) Here are the lasted photos for you guys to check out. I’ll try not be too long before my next post. Again thanks for the support everyone and keep the comments coming =D

IMG_0850 IMG_0853 IMG_0854 IMG_0856Banff IMG_0859 IMG_0861  IMG_0876IMG_0869 (2) IMG_0871 IMG_0885 IMG_0883 IMG_0877 IMG_0891 IMG_0888 IMG_0892 IMG_0910 IMG_0911 IMG_0908 IMG_0915 IMG_0918 IMG_0939 IMG_0942 IMG_0965IMG_1012 11010962_10153091797008255_3982875248338974977_nBeautiful Lake Louise

About grantbrechney
I am an exercise science student at Charles Sturt University in Bathurst exchanging to Thompson River University in BC Canada. My blog is for the purpose of giving prospective exchange students a glimpse into the program and provide an account of my experiences and maybe some handy hints.