Flight day

The day I have been waiting for finally arrived today ‘flight day’. I’m not sure if I am the only one, but I had the whole ideal mapped out in my head.

1. Have my toast with vegemite for breakfast

2. Put on my carefully selected clothes

3. Arrive at the Canberra airport for a 7:35am departure to Brisbane “

4. Visit the TRS so I could claim my tax back for my tablet

5. Depart Brisbane and head to LA

But if only it was that easy,,, The only things that went right were the first 2 steps. (p.s. I did thoroughly enjoy the vegemite sandwich) At midnight I awoke to a text message from Virgin alerting me that I would no longer be flying to Brisbane but in fact Sydney and that I had to arrive at the airport 30mins earlier then intended… Okay that’s fine. It’s when I got to the airport that things got a little unhinged. One word ‘DELAYED’. Normally a delay wouldn’t bother me, but due to the delay I was told that LA would have to be put off till another day, as I would miss my adjoining flight.

Here I need to apologies, as recently when watching the news concerning flights being cancelled in and out of Bali due to the ash cloud, I was found saying “I would prefer the cancellation than risking anything whilst it is such bad conditions! Horray for safety measures”. I wanted to get on the plane. And now here is where I thank Virgin Australia. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU for finding a plane for me to board! (Back story: The plane was delayed due to the fog being so bad in Canberra overnight that no planes were able to flying into the airport… Besides one. One very special one which I was offered to board. MY SAVIOUR) Sure it was a rat race from one plane to the next, meaning no TRS for Jess L and only a split second for a toilet break (it was that intense!), but it has all been worth it, for as I write I am on the plane to the USA!

I also must admit that the plane has exceeded my expectations, for I am currently spread across 3 seats quite comfortably, enjoying a vodka and orange juice (big deal as I am not going to be legal in 10 hours!) , and surprisingly also the lunch meal; a mushroom tortellini I would happily eat again.

Next stop LA!

20150724_230641

About jessicakstrauss
Hi all! So just a little about me... I am a 20 year old 3rd year business marketing student who up until now has been happily studying away at Charles Sturt University, however this semester there is going to be a little change, as I will heading to the U S of A! As of the 11th of August I will have the honour to complete student exchange at Georgia College and State University, and I am currently in a world of excitement. This blog will be dedicated to my journey and be governed by the fact that I allowed a long time dream to become a reality,